Bobcat Hollow Ranches (the UN-official site)
  • August 13, 2020, 08:40:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Welcome neighbors! - READ THIS SECOND  (Read 4887 times)

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
Welcome neighbors! - READ THIS SECOND
« on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »

First off, I would like to say hello and welcome!

Please say hello and let us know if you are an owner and of which tract. Once you are verified as an actual land owner, you will have the restricted Landowner only area available to you.

If at any time you are confused and not sure what to do, send an email to info@bobcathollow.com and ask, I will be more than happy to help set you up and get you started.

To reach a member of the PoA Board of Directors, send an email to BHBoard@bobcathollow.com .

This site is NOT the official Bobcat Hollow website, in fact it is an UN-offical Bobcat Hollow Ranches website and not to be considered the source of anything official. This site is for the SOLE purpose of allowing folks to talk all things Ranchie and Bobcat Hollowy ;). This is so that everyone can speak out and tell us what is on their minds, even us with no mind at all.. heh

As always, this is YOUR site as much as anyone else's. Please feel free to agree or disagree, respectfully, and bring up topics you want. The more we communicate, the more we can help each other and make our ranches nicer.

I have toyed with the idea of a site for my website and then realized I had no means of really communicating with everyone, and them doing the same. The one thing we did not have was a means to communicate with all of us at one time, so.."keep it simple stupid"..I decided to make a forum.

With this forum, we can talk about all sorts of things, like our Wildlife Management and how to make better deer, or maybe a recipe or two. Whatever we need, we can do, right here, together.

So browse the site, leave a recipe, ask your fellow neighbors for help and advice. Whatever you need, communicate it here and maybe we can all learn together, and above all else, have a great time!

Russ and Suzanne Barnard
Bobcat Hollow #43.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:18:51 AM by Jrbarnard »

markc

Re: Welcome neighbors!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »

Hello Russ and Suzanne. Thank you for putting these forums together. I hope others will use them.

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

Hello Russ and Suzanne. Thank you for putting these forums together. I hope others will use them.

Well, if they do not, it is okay since it is all free for us. I am hoping I can get some time this weekend to go over notes I have been keeping for my wildlife plan/work and maybe we can all share information nd tips, to ensure we are all doing what we need to do to keep our exemptions.

Also, we are getting electricity run into Bobcat Hollow 1 as well as 2 in the next few months and a few people around us want to hook in, so we want to pass the word it will be available to hook into at no charge.. and probably be a lot less than most thought since we are running it all the way to the roads.

Lots of information to share and help to be had with forums!:) So, we gotta keep spreading the word and adding content.

And you are welcome:)

Russ

markc

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »

Russ, could you explain about the electricity?  I have tracts 31 & 32, and we have been waiting because of the cost.  So are you saying electricical poles will be run along the main roads?  Who is paying for that?  So, each land owner can then run it to their individual cabin from the road?  I hope that is true, very exciting..

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 07:32:41 AM »

You bet,

What I meant was that we are pulling electricity across two of our tracts and all the way to the road, so others will not need permission to cut into them and they will be readily accessible.

Let me see if I can bring up a picture of where we will have the electricity.

I have attached a PDF of where the electricity will run.
The tracts are (from top to bottom) Bobcat Hollow II #15, #16, and Bobcat Hollow I #43

We have electrical lines on #43, but it was like $50k to use them, so I spoke with the gentleman on the other side of #15 and he said we could use his poles at no charge. So, turned out to be like under $20k for all of it, not including the cost of a bulldozer to cut the easements.

So, you can see where we should have electrical lines installed in about 3 months.

John Robinson is going to run it from there to his place. That will add even more outlets for folks.

Slowly but surely, people will be able to get electricity and the hopes are that the savings of not having to pull it from 2 miles away...folks will spend on making the whole place a little better... i.e. we are pulling it within 25 feet of a public road for a reason, we do not want to charge folks to hook up.. but they will not be allowed to cut down a lot of trees on our land to get easements is all... heh.. except the first one, to make sure they can get to the road, but I think we will already have that set up for them.

Russ

markc

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

Thanks for the info. That PDF doesn't help me much. Without labeling on the roads or tracts it just looks like lines. I will pull up my plat maps and see where the tracts you listed are located relative to my place.

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

Thanks for the info. That PDF doesn't help me much. Without labeling on the roads or tracts it just looks like lines. I will pull up my plat maps and see where the tracts you listed are located relative to my place.

Sorry about that, the top track is Bobcat Hollow II #15. The middle one is Bobcat Hollow II #16. The bottom one is Bobcat Hollow I #43.

The land East of those tracts is not in Bobcat Hollow. The guy that owns them is Gene Lavenco. We had electricity running across our #43 tract, but it was twice as much to run it from there as it was to his. He did not charge us a dime to hook into it, bulldoze about 200 feet of his land, and cut a gate through his fence. The guy is just a super nice person.

We plan to do the same, except, since we are running it all the way to the road, we won't have a need for folks to run it through our land.. heh. We won't be charging folks to hook into it. We did not have to pay anything, so no need to charge anyone else.

The entire cost of getting electricity hooked up to two tracts is (so far) about $21,000. That will not be solidified until we know the final numbers....but it is close. That includes the bull dozing fees.

We found a guy out in Del Rio that does dozer work. He is going to be cutting the 3500ft of easements (30 ft wide) for about $2000, which is a GREAT price, imo.

We should have the easements cut around the 3rd of August and the lines SHOULD be in sometime around November.

Russ
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:12:25 PM by Jrbarnard »

JKilburn

• Bobcat Hollow Landowners
Re: Welcome neighbors! - READ THIS FIRST
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »

We checked on getting elec at our place but nobody wanted to go in on it. We have Tract 17. The deal your doing is a good deal it's just too far from us lol

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »

Well.. give it time. It will eventually work it's way to you. There will be a new line running past #12 and #13 sometime this year or next and my hope is that if others get it close to them, they will be able to get electricity and then it will "inch" it's way toward other folks and we will start a chain reaction ;)

Russ

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »

Here is where the new electrical lines will be going.

Do not pay attention to the roads that are outlined. The two green shaded tracts on the right side will be installed in the next couple of months.

The two green XX's are where electricity will be pulled once the other two are done.

Hope that helps a little.

Where were they expecting to pull electricity for you from?

The goal should/would be that once John Robinson on #12 gets it, then maybe one of the people around him will want it and get it, then work it's way down to those folks on 18, making it cheaper for you to get it.

I did not charge anyone to tap into the lines on our land, I just asked that they follow the road as much as possible, but either way, even if it means cutting into our land, I am going to do whatever it takes to share the electricity with folks.

I have heard that some folks charged others to tap into their lines. I think the money they save can be better spent on things that improve the ranch rather than "paying me back" for letting them have electricity. Makes good sense and better neighbors, imo.

We'll keep pushing that philosophy and then, hopefully, pushing the electrical closer to you.

Russ
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:41:03 AM by Jrbarnard »

JKilburn

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

I'm on my phone so I dont have the map but it was Whithers place they were going to pull from, it was .7 of a mile and they wanted 40k to do it.

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »

Gotcha. btw, added you to the Owners list, so you should see all the forums now.

I sent the PDF to RGEC to see if they could help us come up with better ways to run the electricity so we can work on a plan, if there is a better way.

Russ

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »

I do not understand. Jack Lofton stated to me that they wanted 40-50k to run it to his land. If it cost 40-50k to run it to his land, does it cost that much more to run it to yours afterwards?

I would think the cost to run it to his would eat half the cost that is needed to run it to yours.

Something does not sound right. John Robinson was in the same boat, but I ended up running it from the guy east of me and it is going to cost us right at 21k for two drops, one on tract #16 and one on tract #43.

My theory is that each time we pull it across a tract, the next tract costs less, especially if we get it on top of a mountain that stretches most the way. The real cost are turns and elevation changes. If we can find a nice ridge and run it along the ridge, it is a HECK of a lot less.

Russ

JKilburn

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

No it was 40 to come from the last pole to us. From jacks place it would not cost 40 , we paid the $250 non refundable deposit so they would come take gps readings and map it and give an est. We thought there would be more that would be interested in going into have it done but guess it was outta everyone's league and there's no way we can do 40k

Jrbarnard

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »

I hear ya. Well, like I said earlier, my hopes is that people will GET interested as it moves in closer... heh. Eventually, we may get a network going where everyone can get some powah.

Now, water, that is the key. I need to locate somewhere to buy water. Right now, I have to go all the way out to 630 and Max Martain delivers it, but it costs a lot for that.

Gotta do what ya gotta do.. heh.

If I thought I could dig my own well over a year, I'd do it :P

Don't think I ain't looking into THAT possibility ;)

Russ
Pages: [1] 2